Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tripod

Well, up to this point believe it or not, I have only been fishing in the one spot, at Knightsone in WSM.





 There are a few reasons for this. Familiarity. I used to do a bit round here as a kid. Easy. No mud/water/shite to stand in, and as you can see from the above picture, pretty simple set up.
 Now I have decided to get a little more adventurous I will not be able to always rely on a set of handy railings to lean my rod on, as I will be trying other spots. It may be the time of year (probably) the weather or something else, but all I am getting is small stuff. At least by trying other things such as a change of venue or different bait I may see better (or worse!) results.
 Most of the places I intend to try next find a tripod neccessary, and so after a little thought and research I got this one today


 Not the cheapest or most expensive, but at thirty quid actually the single most expensive thing I have bought for sea fishing so far. (remember, I am on a tight budget) It importantly has telescopic legs, so uneven rock surfaces are no problem. Going to try it out on Thursday. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment