Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My First Bass 16-11-10

 Another few hours whiled away at Knightstone again today. Right from the word go I was getting lots of bites that were almost impossible to hit. A bloke along from me, the same thing. He had three rods out and I just the one (I only have one, so far!).
About an hour after high water a real decent knock resulted in my first bass ever.

To say I am pleased is an understatement. Not so many years ago bass where practically unheard of in WSM, so maybe fish stocks are better than they used to be around here. If I could pull a few more of these in (a little larger maybe) it would be great. This one measured 11 inches so went back in.

 Around an hour after that, I had a few small knocks on the rod. I had strips of mackerel on as the worm I had left was really past the point of being useful, and god did it stink! Anyway, I thought it was just  small stuff toying with the bait as they had been all day-I took a couple of very small pouting on worm earlier-and wond down onto something quite big. It was pulling slow and hard and for a few minutes I was struggling to bring it up in the water at all. Just at the point when I thought I would be able to see it the hook came out. When I got the hooks back in one of them had started to straighten out. I am fairly confident that it had been a reasonanly big conger. Next time maybe!

No comments:

Post a Comment