Monday, November 15, 2010

Success!

On the 3-11-10 I fished for a few hours with no luck at all, using just mackerel strip for bait. But last Saturday, 13-11-10, I dug a few lugworm on the beach at Weston

 and things took a change for the better. About an hour into the tide (which at knightsone you can fish for around 6 hours per tide, 3 up, 3 down) I caught my first sea fish for nearly three decades.



It was so small (six inches?) I wasn,t sure exactly what it was, codling I think. Almost on the hightide mark, one of three lads fishing along from me took a cod of 2-3 lbs which was encouraging. And within 30 minutes I had done so too!


 I left the pliers in for scale, however one of the other lads measured it for me at 42cms, practically the same size as the one they took a bit earlier. So I guess somewhere between 2-3 pounds again.
Later on I had a couple of other small pouting, so four fish in all on my second trip out. Well pleased. I missed at least three bites too.
 I am going fishing again tomorrow and taking the remainder of the lugworm I have left over, although they are starting to smell really bad. I picked up a large mackerel this afternoon incase the lug is crap, and so I can make a cocktail or two for a bait change if it is a bit slow.

So, all in all, very pleased I took up the sea fishing so far. After tomorrows trip I will look into other marks to try on the shore around here. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment